<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9330701?origin\x3dhttps://donnyhk.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Aspiration / Goal

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Do you have any aspiration or goal in your life? I'm a person who believes that life will be meaningless without an aspiration or a goal. Having an aspiration keeps us motivated even during the rough times of life. In order to work towards our goals, we have to make sacrifices, plan ahead and persevere on. This is true, isn't it? It is definitely not easy to achieve our goal. Thus, perseverance is utmost important in oneself.

Realising that the more goals we have in life, more planning and sacrifices have to be done and made. Moreover, we have to prioritise our goals too. For instance, categorise the goals into short-term goals (Yearly) and long-term goals. In this way, goals will be prioritised.

One major problem which arises in planning ahead is more worries and stress when things don't turn out as expected. We tend to expect more when we planned more. In addition, with more expectation, more disappointment could be resulted when things just don't turn out as desired. I asked myself this question for several times, should I just do what should be done as life goes or should I be planning ahead? I think most probably, a more decent solution to this problem would be to settle with more realistic goals. Give yourself a decent amount of expectation. Not too high or too low. :)

At times, I will be questioning myself about the kind of person I am. The conclusion is I am a kind of person whom need to prepare and plan ahead. With that, I have a serious flaw. I am not good at taking impromptu events ( last min stuff). This kind of impromptu events usually causes me to be stressed up and might under perform.

When your goal in life is attained, you get a superb sense of satisfaction. This is the kind of feeling I love most. Take an example: A sportman has been training really hard for olympic for the past 10 years of her life and probably, just hoping that a gold medal is within her reach. Can you imagine the sense of satisfaction which she will get upon getting a gold medal in olympic?

This somehow relates me to the recent news about Lee Jia wei (our national table tennis player) who teared after she lost her bronze medal woman singles match, ended up in the fourth placing. Seriously, I think Lee Jia wei deserves a pat on her shoulder. She had done our singapore proud even though she didn't win any medal. We could see her determination to win and to bring glory to our nation. Sometimes, it is not only the results (although, I must admit results are important in this practical society too) that matters but rather the journey to the result. I strongly believe that she had already tried her very best in the olympic. The very fact that in a sport match, it is cruel in term of winning. Only one person could win the match. Similarly, one have to lose. I felt a bit sad when Lee Jia Wei declared that this olympic might be her last one. She is a player with potential. Oh well.

Anyway, I am still proud of our national table tennis team which won us a silver in olympic after so many years without winning a single medal in this event.

Alright. That's all for this entry. Take care all. =)
I am looking forward to my korea trip!
AND I have to get all my winter stuff such as winter coat, wool sweater, long john, muffles, gloves and beanie soon.

Do your best today for the good of tomorrow :)

DON {author} posted at: 2:51 PM


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite


Don Lim Hong Kiat
21+
Chocs & piano freak
Loves science
Dec 28 baby



My family
My friends
Chocolates
Piano
Biology
Aeroplanes
My cellphone
My PSP
My DS lite
...many many more =D



To be sad
Bitter stuff
Back-stabber
Hypocrites
Faker



· Buy a piano
· To be able to play "To zanarkand"
· Buy a new lappy
· Own a digital cam
· Learn piano
· Able To skip grade 1, take grade 2 and pass it with merit
· Take grade 3 piano practical exam and grade 5 music theory exam. Pass them with merit
· Buy a new handphone
· Taking private piano lesson
· Buy new clothes (The Great Singapore Sales!)
· Make sushi
· Get a PSP
· Get a DS lite
· Get a driving license
· Able to play grade 3 exam piece, "Study in F, Op.65 NO. 25" by Carl Albert Loeschhorn fluently



.Adrian
.Candy
.Charlotte
.Chee San
.Chi Chong
.Ei leen
.Eileen
.Janice
.Javier
.Javier's Old blog
.Jun Jie
.Jason
.Kai Jing
.Kian Meng
.Kian Siong
.Marcus (My Cat)
.Pamela
.Raemarie
.Roman
.Roselind
.Siu Yi (Cousin)
.Sin Ee (Cousin)
.Suraj
.Titus
.Vincent
.Wai seen
.Wilson
.Yue Wei (Cousin)
.YiBin
.Yue Xuan (Cousin)
.Zakiyyah
.Zhi Xin
.Zhe Bin
.Zhu Jun

STARS BLOG
.Wu Zun
.Leona Lewis







Thank you for visiting my blog! :D

free hit counter
Hit counter


SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE WEATHER REPORT Find more about Weather in Singapore, SR
Click for weather forecast


CANBERRA, AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY WEATHER REPORT Find more about Weather in Canberra, AU
Click for weather forecast